In the introduction to the book, The Divorce Remedy
, Michele Weiner Davis lists several statements that are indicative of a troubled marriage relationship. If any of these following statements apply to you or how you presently feel, then this program
is for you:
- "I love you, but Iím not in love with you anymore."
- "We got married for all the wrong reasons."
- "Iím not attracted to you anymore."
- "Why canít you admit that we just made a mistake?"
- "My affair is not the reason our marriage isnít working."
- "I never really loved you in the first place."
- "Itís time we tell the kids itís over."
You may feel that it is hopeless at this point or worthless to even try any more, but donít give up yet. If you are trying to escape the pain of a troubled marriage by getting out and/or looking for someone else, you should know that running away will not ease the pain or solve the difficulties. Getting out of a marriage relationship can be complicated and just as painful as where you might be right now. Why not invest your energies for a few weeks more and learn the skills not only to make your marriage successful but to possibly rediscover the true love and romance for your mate. Yes, you can be soul mates if you want.